"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Friday, May 12, 2006

I'm having problems understanding English

My English is getting worse lately! did I read:
"During the past week we have identified that the battery life of the production eo v7110, is not meeting the originally published run times of 2.5 hours"?


The last 4/14/2006, Robs Bushway was telling TabletKiosk about this issue.
I’m getting 1 hour 40 minutes on the battery. I’m not sure if this a prototype issue or standard behavior. I was very disappointed with the battery performance.


that Same day Martin Smekal, TabletKiosk CEO, replayed to Rob saying:

#4 The pre-production unit you have does not have it’s power management features implemented, and there are on-going bios modifications that will effect the battery performance in the production unit. However, this being said take into consideration this is a full X86 architecture system running full Windows XP operating system, while utilizing a three (3) cell battery. A standard Tablet PC or Laptop will have at least a six (6) cell battery to achieve 3.5 hours of battery life.

We are confident that with the Bios modifications and the VIA processor being stingy in power consumption, we will meet our claimed active computing time.


Come on Guys, admit that you knew this before you started to ship these units. One more time you are not telling customers the true! At this point I"m thinking that the real reason for the initial shipment delay was this Battery life issue and not any problem with the back cover.

This email that you have sent is far from being an apology.

8 comments:

  1. CTitanic you have said "I CAN'T RECOMMEND THE eo TO ANYBODY, it's the slower UMPC in the market and the one with the shortest Battery Life." "1 HOUR AND 25 MINUTES is the worse Battery Life that I have seen since my first LapTop in 1994." if it was not for the poor battery life would you opion of the eo be different? and if TabletKiosk could guarantee a fix would you recommend the eo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too many "ifs", don't you think.
    I love the eo disign, and I loved what TabletKiosk did with the customization, but all that have happened has shadowed my opinion. About this company. In another hand I would like to test the "fix" before I recommend this device to any body, after my tests I have my doubts about reading 2.5 hours with this battery. Even to reach 2 hours is going to be hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bad news are that this is not the only faulty in eo. i'm having serius problems with wifi and bt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not have any problem with my Wifi and I have seen other using BT with no problems either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes they work, but you need to sit near the ap or the phone.
    all my pocketpcs and laptops work fine at my home but eo has hard time getting the signal.. bad antenna!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I have tested the Wifi at different range and using Band G access points have not found any problem. And I guess that by now there is not any doubt that if this unit has a problem I wont hesitate to tell it here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. CTitanic have you tried the included headset? as mine does not work with Skype.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never have use SKype so I'm trying to find out another way to test that. I have heard of people using it with voice recognition so I assume that the mike works.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.