"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Monday, May 22, 2006

Q1 inking experience

Kevin Tofel from JKOnTheRun is getting a Q1 and he posted about it here. What got me by surprise are the comments about the bad experience of people inking in the Q1. The screen is so sensitive that they can't rest the hand on top of the screen while inking. Well, that's a very good thing that we have in our eos. I have not experienced any problem while inking in the eo. I really do not place my whole hand in the screen when I'm inking but part of it yes, and I really do not play too much attention to this anymore because I'm not getting any disturbance from doing that in my inking.

are eo owners having any problem when they are taking notes in the eo?

8 comments:

  1. My Q1 is in transit right now, due to arrive tomorrow afternoon (fingers crossed), so of course now people start to talk about inking problems on it! *grin*

    I plan to use the Q1 in portrait mode when taking extensive notes in any case, which should (hopefully) limit palm pressure on the screen by letting me rest my hand on the right edge (normally the bottom) frame much of the time. When in landscape, I'm not certain... maybe a change in writing style, or maybe more reliance on voice recognition, or maybe the DialKeys thing, or maybe I should hurry up and order that Stowaway Bluetooth keyboard.

    In any case, right now I'd much rather be dealing with stray Ink than no Ink at all.

    -- Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that there is going to be a learn curve and all depent of how long is that curve and they kind of person that you are. There are people that can't adapt to new conditions very easy. Do you know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  3. eo owners will have a lot less of an issue with handwriting because the eo has a 120 gram digitizer, which means that it is less sensitive to touch. The q1 has an 80 gram digitizer, which means it is very sensitive to touch.

    if you notice on the eo, you have to press pretty hard to active buttons, etc. That is by design. With the q1, you just have to barely press your finger on the screen to activate the buttons.

    The type of digitizer for the screen makes all the difference in the world when it comes to inking on touch screens. All of that said, I still experienced ink problems on the eo, but nothing compared to using the P1510D which has an 80 gram digitizer similar to the q1.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Rob, I remembered your comment about the digitizer and I thought for myself what would be your opinion if you had the chance to review the Q1 with the 80g one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. having used the p1510d, which uses the same digitizer as the q1, my experience was worse than the eo.

    I personally will not get an 80 gram digitizer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rob, I have to confess that your opinion was one of the facts that push me to buy the eo instead of the Q1 and after reading these comments about people complaining with the Q1 screen I was glad that I followed your advice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a Q1 and I have no problem with inking. Most of the time my hand does not rest on the screen, rather at the bottom of the casing. Times it does, I rarely have a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like I said before is a matter of learning how to deal with this issue. But I really think that the 120g is the better one for these kind of devices.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.