"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Rob's initial thoughts on the Sony UX180P

Rob got an UX180P and is sharing his initial thoughts on that machine at GottaBeMobile.
To me, it feels like what I thought an Origami would be. Natural.

What can I say about it? Well, Sony is synonym of innovation and the exterior design of Sony's devices can be described using just one word: unique. I'm more like a stylus kind of user so for me the keyboard is not something that attracts me and the 5 inches display is not good enough for working in Visual Studio at a high resolution at least for me and my eyes. And the most important point: price. To pay around 2000 dollars for a companion PC that's crazy even for a Sony unless you will get that money back using it. But I agree with Rob, we need Origamis with keyboards in the future for those who like the feeling of typing with two fingers as much as we need current style Origamis.

1 comment:

  1. I agree we need SOME Origami's in the future with slide out keyboards, AND < $999. I think Rob should note that even though he thinks a Origami should be like the Sony, it's still to HIGH in price to be a Origami.

    Also, after a couple weeks of taking notes on a 4.5 inch screen, I really think one would get tired of the small screen really fast.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.