"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Friday, January 19, 2007

I fired Cingular!

After 3 months full of mistakes from my side (a teenager with a phone) and their side (they disconnected my phone and then reconnected back when I told them about their mistakes but they still charged me for their disconnection a cancellation fee) with a total of around 1000 dollars paid in bill in those 3 months, I ended Yesterday canceling my wife and my phone with Cingular.

Cingular just sucks. I asked them to cancel my daughter phone and they ended canceling her and my phone. And after that they charged me cancellations fees for both phones even when one of them was accidentally canceled by them. They refunded me, but too late. After many years with them I was just tired of them and their "dropped calls" and not reception areas everywhere.

So now I'm shopping for a new phone provider. Here in South Florida I have T-Mobile, Sprint and Verizon. I have a Cingular 2125 phone which is a HTC Phone with WM5 unlocked so I need somebody with a GPRS/EDGE Network, and I need a data plan cheap that I could use to THETER with my UMPC. Any recommendations? Best Plans?

3 comments:

  1. I think your only option is T Mobile if you want to keep your phone. Verizon and Sprint are CDMA, Cingular and TMobile are the two major national GSM carriers.

    I don't have as many problems with Cingular as you do but ever since they started running that stupid we've got the fewest dropped calls campaign my dropped calls have skyrocketed. Apparently Murphy hates Cingular too and applying Murphy's law!

    We've got relationships with Verizon, Cingular and Sprint at work for high speed data. Sprint's the fastest and cheapest today, but they've all got problems.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Apple's new iPhone is tied to their network...what a pity.

    Anyway, I am quite happy with T-Mobile's EDGE service, but I don't know what it is like in your location. Their price point cannot be beat (much less expensive for data only than Cingular and you get access to their WiFi hotspots for 'free')

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I thought. So I got T-Mobile. 2 lines for 49.99, 1000 minutes with no free nights and weekends, that's good for me, I use less than 200 minutes between me and my wife.

    I added an internet plan that will cost me 29.99 for a total of 80 dollars.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.