"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Friday, November 09, 2007

Is "My space" safe?

There are few places is the cyberspace that I do not visit. One of them is "My Space". In my case the main reason is that hate pages with loud songs playing in the background, that and the poor web design in My Space Webpages of the majority of the people with pages there, and that includes my own daughter page. Now on top of what I just said, I have found another reason why I should keep things in the way they are and stay away from that "zoo park". Here is a report posted recently in the Exploit Prevention Lab blog.

Now, we keep finding MySpace pages that have had some sort of image-background link injected, that are reaching out to a different site in China that is both throwing exploits and using social engineering to install rootkits and (probably) dns-changers.

 

When I was watching this report it reminded me when a few years ago I had to clean my daughter's laptop from about two different virus infections and when I was asking her what pages she was visiting to get that kind of infection her answer was very simple, she was visiting Britney Spears' web site which according to my daughter, who was 14 at that time, was a "safe" website. Tongue out

[Discuss This Topic]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.