"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Monday, June 30, 2008

AT&T DSL vs Comcast Cable Internet

I switched my phone service and my DSL Internet from AT&T to Comcast, the cable provider on my area. AT&T Service is the worse you can imagine in all senses in where I live (South Florida). To give you an idea, I called them 40 minutes ago to confirm my service cancellation and I still waiting for anybody to take my call. And it has been on that way every time I call them. But anyway, that's just part of the reason why I'm leaving AT&T. Comcast has a combined service of Cable Internet and phone over IP that's a lot cheaper than what I'm paying to AT&T at this moment. The other reason why I'm switching can be seen in the next two screen shots.

ATTSpeed

comcast DSL

4 comments:

  1. try different servers as the info is cached.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I currently streaming video from work accessing my slingplayer. I use to get a speed of 208 kbps. Currently I´m getting about 1100 kbps.

    5 times faster!

    I do repeated my tests in other sites and in all of them the result was about the same, Comcast Cable Internet is around 5 or more time faster than what I have with AT&T.

    And the most important thing, I´m saving money and I got rid of my last string to the worse company that I have ever met.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comcast is better than AT&T, but that's not really saying much.

    I have Comcast Cable Internet (is yours actually DSL or is it Cable? Weird if it's DSL...) and while the speeds are great, I have connection troubles all the time. Everytime a tech gets out here (such as this morning), he looks at my signal strength and says "Whelp, looks fine to me! Try a new modem." and that's that... the problem never permanently goes away. It's very, very frustrating.

    I hope you have better luck than I did! The second Verizon FiOS or something similar gets out here, I'm dumping Comcast instantly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's cable, my mistake naming it DSL.

    Well, many things with cable depends on where exactly you live, and I mean, what part of the city. So far I have been streaming video the whole day today at 1100 kbps!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.