"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Friday, July 18, 2008

Intel CEO talking about Atom

Everybody that comes to read my blog everyday knows that I have been criticizing Intel for releasing about a year ago the first generation of Atom processors, something that I have categorized like a step back and a damage to the UMPC market. A few days ago my friend Chippy posted a very optimistic article after seeing the benchmarks of the latest Atom installed in the Kohjinsha UMPC. And back them I said that I was not impress because that performance is about the same I had in my old Q1 with a Celeron M at 900 MHz. Look at what this Intel CEO says:

""(Atom) is less than a third the performance of our Centrino (processor). You're dealing with something that most of us wouldn't use...

We do not see (Atom) replacing Celeron..."

Bravo Intel! I love when they openly say what they think.

Via: CNET News.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.