"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Saturday, August 29, 2009

The mysterious case of my PC waking up by itself from Hibernation

Since I installed Windows 7 Ultimate my P1610 was waking up from Hibernation by itself every morning at 8:05 AM. After few hours of research in the web I found that the cause of the problem was Media Center. The problem is that most of time at that time my P1610 is in it's case and without a proper ventilation it was getting extremely hot. Something really no good for the CPU. The solution, in the device manager, task scheduler (see picture).

Capture

Unchecking the option to Wake the Computers to run this task, probably is enough to fix this issue. In my case I'm not recording anything in Media Center, so I disabled the task. A drastic decision that put end to the Mystery that was jeopardizing the integrity of my lovely P1610. Tongue out

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Frank, so that's why - I found that happening a couple of times as as well on some of my machines running Windows 7, good to know there is a solution. It's a bit odd though how can W7 can start the machine from Hibernation...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been asking all my friends and like me, all of them were under the impression that a machine could not wake by itself from hibernation but the really is that they do it, at least if they are using Windows 7.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.